Due to the continuing health and safety concerns surrounding COVID-19, the Library is closed until further notice.
Curbside Pick-Up Hours
Mondays: 10 am – 6 pm
Tuesday – Saturdays: 10 am – 2 pm
You can request up to 10 items per library card per week. Hold requests can can be done through our online catalog using your library card and PIN. You will receive an e-mail when the items are ready to pick up. Items will be available to pickup for 7 days.
Call the library when you arrive to retrieve your items. Library staff will bring out a bag with your name on it and place it on a table outside the front door. Once the staff member is back inside the library, retrieve your items and enjoy!
You may still request materials by calling the library at 402-331-7636 or email email@example.com.
WHILE WE ARE CLOSED…
- Due dates for all checked out library materials are extended until the library opens. You will NOT be fined for materials during this time.
- Use the outside book drop to return library materials.
- Temporary Library card: To extend library services to members of our community that may not have a library card, we are allowing people who live in Douglas County to apply for a temporary library card .
- With your library card, you can access hundreds of free online resources 24/7 including e-books, e-magazines, downloadable audiobooks, streaming movies and TV shows, and more.
- We’re here for you. You can contact us by calling 402-331-7636 between 10AM and 5PM Monday through Friday and 10AM and 2PM Saturday or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Douglas County Health Department
Information Line: 402-444-3400 – Daily from 8:30 AM – 4 PM
Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Information Line: (402) 552-6645 – Daily from 8 AM – 8 PM
State of Nebraska initiative to increase COVID-19. Complete an online assessment to see if you need to be tested.
Not sure if you should call a doctor? This online questionaire from Apple and the CDC may help.
Local Healthcare Systems
Methodist Health System
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline at (402) 815-7425 – Daily from 6 AM – 11 PM
Legal Aid has opened its Disaster Relief Hotline for those with legal questions or legal issues related to COVID-19. You can apply online at http://www.LawHelpNE.org, or by calling the Disaster Relief Hotline at 1-844-268-5627.